Scholarships for Summer Creative Writing Institute Available

SHU student scholarships to the summer session of the Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing are now open for submission. These scholarships cover the cost of tuition and lodging for the week on Martha’s Vineyard from July 19-25 (students cover their own travel and food).

The Institute was founded by SHU faculty member Alexander Weinstein in order to give writers the opportunity to develop their craft amongst established authors. The Institute offers a comprehensive week-long focus on writing, providing students with the necessary time to devote to their art, in the idyllic setting of the Vineyard. A comprehensive description of the courses along with seminar schedule can be found at mvicw.com.

To be eligible, an applicant must be a currently enrolled, full-time student at any SHU campus. Student scholarship recipients agree to share their fiction/poetry with the Siena community during a fall reading at the Adrian campus.

NOTE: This expectation applies to all students, including those graduating in May and those from non-Adrian campuses.

To apply, submit a cover sheet (available in Sacred Heart Hall room 308), letter of interest and writing sample to the English Office by noon April 15.

For more information, contact Weinstein at [email protected].