Intramural Sports Try to Get Going on Campus

It’s November, which means it’s that time of the year again: Intramural Sports!

In the past, there have been eight-on-eight indoor dodgeball tournaments, but this year there has been a lack of participation, making it difficult to continue to have events such as these. With the end of the semester being so busy for students, the registration for indoor dodgeball has been pushed back to some time after winter break, but a specific date has not been determined, according to Director of Student Engagement Gabe Dunbar.

“In the past years, indoor volleyball tournaments and three-on-three basketball tournaments have been the most popular intramural sports,” said Dunbar.

Though he said he is very pleased with the turnout from those events, it has been difficult to gain participation for other tournaments. There are other intramural tournaments being offered this year, some of which include ballroom wiffleball, sand volleyball and dodgeball.

Earlier this fall semester, there was a four-on-four sand volleyball tournament scheduled that ended up being cancelled due to a lack of participation. Those bummed about the cancellation, don’t worry, because there is another chance to show your volleyball skills in the Halo Fest Sand Volleyball Tournament this April. All students have the opportunity to come and join in on the competitive fun. Those looking for more information on intramural sports at Siena or are interested in registering, contact Dunbar or visit the SHU Engage web page.