Student Leadership Awards 2015-16 “Inspiring” and “Motivating”

“Inspiring. Fancy. Gratifying. Family. Celebratory. Motivating. Fulfilling. Awe-inspiring.”

The words above are how students described the night in one word.

As Halo Fest came to a close, Siena sets aside time to recognize the leaders among campus. For the fourth year in a row, Student Leadership Award celebration went off without a hitch. Students, Staff, and Faculty alike arrived at 8:30 p.m. for a coffee bar and dessert. The night kicked off with a speech from Sister Sharon Weber filling in for President Sister Peg Albert, followed by Charlie Ludlow, current Student Government president.

Assistant Dean for Students Gabe Dunbar described what the night means to him and why he continues to organize this event.

“It’s a night to recognize the hard work and accomplishments of students,” he said. “So many times we ask students to perform inside and outside the classroom, but this is one night that we don’t ask for a single thing except for the opportunity to love them!”

There are multiple awards individuals can win, as well as organizations. The night was complete with a red carpet, a bouncer and an official photographer.

“To me, it is the recognition of all the hours of work that the exceptional students expend in order to plan and execute educational and fun events for Siena’s students” said Charlie Shepherd, a sophomore and an Executive Board member of one of the organizations that earned an award.

“It was a very special night, seeing all of Siena’s leaders in one place. It was an incredible experience,” said Jarrod Stober, a sophomore and president of one of the organizations that won an award.

Below are the winners of each award. Congratulations to all of the leaders on campus!

2015-2016 Award Recipients:

Sr. Carmelia O’Connor Outstanding Community Service Award – Pi Lambda Phi – McIntosh Benefit Dinner

Saints Pride – Kasey Renshaw & Jessica Behnke

Outstanding Educational Program – SAFE – Allies for Inclusion

Outstanding Social Program – SPARHC – Mockingjay

Most Valuable Officer – Sissy Phillips

Organization of the Year – Habitat for Humanity

Advisor of the Year – Renee Bracey

Halo Award – Brittany Essen

Emerging Leader – Ashley Best & Andres Mata

Trudy McSorley Servant Leader – Brittany Trout & Madison Lane

Legacy Award – Josh Dowell & Andrea Rumler

awards1 awards2 awards3 awards4