Habitat for Humanity SHU Campus Chapter Makes Big Strides

Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County is hosting a Women Build from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. April 30. Those who come for 4 hours receive a free t-shirt. The Habitat for Humanity SHU Campus Chapter is trying to get women to attend.

According to the Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County website, “Women Build, is a program which began as a partnership between Habitat for Humanity International and Lowe’s to empower women from all walks of life to learn construction skills and then use those skills to be part of the solution to poverty housing.”

The building site is located in downtown Adrian at 521 Frank St. Those interested should contact the SHU Campus Chapter President Keegan Pabst for more details as soon as possible in order to secure a spot.

Pabst said he is really pushing for people who want to volunteer with Habitat from Siena to come through the Campus Chapter so there can be one direct line of communication with the volunteer coordinator. In the future, students or student organizations that would like to volunteer with Habitat, contact Pabst. He said one of the group’s goals for next year is to have a Build Day each month.

The SHU Campus Chapter recently received the Organization of the Year award at the Student Leadership Celebration.