Siena Heights Introduces Student Housing Council

“We’re happy to have lots of different people be a part of it,” said Caitlyn Meszaros, advisor of the new student organization, Student Housing Council.
Siena’s latest student organization is still accepting new members who are residents. It hopes to have representatives from each floor of the residential buildings and Campus Village, as well as a few at large members. It also looks to plan two events each semester for the student body.
“It’s an organization that we are looking at to utilize as a way to get more feedback from our students in residence life and to get more perspective of what our students want. We would like a broader range of feedback for what we can do better and what would make them happier,” said Meszaros.
She said the group would like to create some goals together once they have a group formed and create their mission statement together.
One of Meszaros’ personal goals for the group is to have “a better relationship with the residential population.” She wants people to know that their room isn’t just a place where they eat and sleep, but it’s a place where they live.
“I want more students to be aware that our office is here for them and to make sure that they have a good experience,” Meszaros said.
There are different positions available in this student organization, and Meszaros said there is room for people to “find where they feel comfortable.” She understands if this organization isn’t everyone’s number one priority, so she is flexible.
Those interested in joining, email Meszaros at [email protected].