Student Government Looking for Ideas, Projects to Enhance Campus

Student government at Siena Heights University is looking for students to spearhead projects around campus. Student Government President Charlie Ludlow said, “We are really looking for ideas on how to give back to campus a little bit more or give back to the students here at Siena Heights.”

Student Government is examining projects that can benefit the campus in several different ways, such as installing grills by the sand volleyball courts or placing up hammocks around campus. According to Ludlow, “It’s not going to be us doing anything crazy, but we would like to promote sustainability, promote student input and make something fun for students to do around campus.”

After some funding from last year’s budget was left to spend in the 2015-16 school year, Ludlow said Student Government decided that they wanted to do something with the money that would make a positive contribution to life at Siena Heights.

If any student is interested in coming up with a new project to install around campus, there is a process they have to go through, Ludlow said.

“We want well balanced proposals sent to us.”

These proposals include how much the project will cost, why the project is desired to be completed, student input for the project and potential dangers or troubles that could result. After that an executive board will review them and pursue possible ideas from there. Ludlow said these project ideas are hopefully going to start by the beginning of the second semester.

“There will be official Student Government template sheets that we will have the students fill out the proposals on,” said Ludlow.

Any ideas for enhancing student life on Siena Heights University’s campus can be sent to [email protected]