Spectra

Filed under Sports

Saints Sports Roundup: Through Sept. 20

September 13
Women’s Soccer
Siena Heights beat Marian (Ind.) 2-1 under the lights. Early in the second half, Taylor Mulder tied up the game with an assist by Erin Scheidel. The game winning goal came from Danielle Eastman in the 69th minute.
Men’s Golf
The Saints finished in sixth place at the Jon Speiss Memorial Tournament. The Saints finished with an overall score of 312 on the 72 par course. The top SHU finishers were James Kuenzer and Wyatt Spalding, each carding a 75 to tie for eighth place.
Women’s Golf
The Saints celebrated a 1st place win at the Pure Michigan Invitational on September 13th. Andrea Richards was the top finisher for the Saints with the score of 80. Ashley Bearden and Alyssa Fausneaucht both finished with an 83.

September 14
Women’s Volleyball
The Saints came out victorious in the home opener against Davenport. The Saints won 3-0 with Amanda Metz leading with 47 assists. Haley Oleson finished the match with three aces.
Men’s Soccer
A double-overtime game ended in a draw for the Saints against Saint Francis (Ind.) The two Saints goals came from Luis Miguel Anaya and Rahbar Khan. Siena Heights out shot Saint Francis, 31-15, and held a 14-5 corner kick advantage.

September 16
Women’s Volleyball
The Saints beat Marygrove in three sets. Taylor Purcell was a top the leader board for the Saints with 12 kills and five solo blocks. Libby Breton and Paige Hudgin added six and five kills respectively.

September 17
Women’s Volleyball
Just a day after their last match, the Saints clinch another victory from opponent Lawrence Tech. Paige Hudgin was the SHU leader with 16 kills and was followed by Abby Whitehead with seven. Amanda Metz led the Saints with 30 assists.
Football
Support from the students who journeyed with the Saints to conference-rival Concordia’s place was not enough from the team to take home a win. Siena Heights took their first loss of the season with a final score of 41-0. Siena Heights will return home for their next contest against MSFA crossover opponent, ninth-ranked Saint Xavier (Ill.). The contest is slated for a 6 p.m. kickoff on Saturday, Sept. 24.
Men’s Soccer
The Saints won with a score of 3-1 against Point Park (PA.) in their final non-conference match. The first goal came from Chris Ornelas who also ended the game with two assists. Elmedin Celovic and Luis Miguel Anaya scored two consecutive goals near the 25th minute mark.

September 20

Women’s Soccer
The Saints traveled to Fort Wayne to take on Saint Francis (Ind.) and came home with the 3-1 win. Danielle Eastman opened the scoring in the eighth minute when she headed in a corner kick by Taylor Mulder into the top left corner. The Saint Francis Cougars responded with an early goal in the second half, but the Saints dashed their hopes with two more goals from Erin Scheidel and Taylor Mulder.