Operation: SERVE Returns to SHU

Operation: SERVE Returns to SHU

“For me, personally, the event is living the mission of Siena Heights University — offering opportunities for not just our students but the community as a whole,” said Melissa Growden, Siena’s Career Services specialist.

On Nov. 2, Operation: SERVE, will be running for its seventh consecutive year. SERVE stands for Students, Employment, Resources, Veterans, and Education. Operation SERVE is a job fair at Siena. However, any job seeker is encouraged to attend, according to Growden.

“This is an opportunity to have one on one conversation with recruiters, make that first impression, and have opportunities to follow through,” said Growden.

She encourages students of all classes to come, even the freshmen and sophomores. This event is not only for those seeking employment, but internships and volunteer work, as well.

“Definitely go. Just even for the practice. It’s a great way to get your feet wet in the job market,” Growden said.

There is a list of employers attending online at sienaheights.edu/operationserve. Growden asks attendees to dress professional and bring one resume for every employer they wish to speak to, plus an extra five.

“It’s a great way to practice your thirty second elevator speech,” Growden said.

There will be a wide variety of top-notch employers present, according to Growden. There are many businesses who sign up like clockwork every year, not wanting to miss out on one of their favorite events.

Operation: SERVE will be from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Fieldhouse.

If students plan on attending, listen to Growden’s last words of advice: “Show up dressed to impress, have a flawless resume and be prepared to market yourself.”