Spectra

FOOD REVIEW: Tip Top Café

Tis’ the season of cold temperatures, cold toes, runny noses and comfort by the nearest source of heat. There’s something about the changing seasons that entice our senses for specific tastes.

If comfort food sounds fulfilling, then next on the list for ravishing dining is Tip Top Café in Adrian. Located on West Maumee Street next to a salon and a pizzeria chain is a compact building with a tore up parking lot. Tip Top gives the small-town dining experience to a much greater population of people who live in the area.

Tip Top’s motto is “Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times.” When entering the building, it is best to get along with the individual who is accompanying you in the dining experience, otherwise the tight spaces may be too much to bear. The seating is made up of old benches and worn-down tables. There is a bar right in front of the kitchen area, where studious people can observe their food being made on the spot.

The environment sets a friendly tone as soon as entering the door, where the sounds of sizzles on the oven intertwine with voices accommodating to a comforting sound level. Elders come together in specific times of the day to have community conversations, while the younger crowd looks down at their phone devices, probably giving Tip Top Café a 4-5-star rating on their website, as this seems to be the most common rating.

Although the food choices are simple (comfort food), the menu constructed for breakfast and lunch has been perfected by the workers in the joint. Anywhere from deliciously prepped breakfasts (especially their pancakes, in which I indulged in), to gyros and burgers, the taste within Tip Top Café bursts in a much greater degree that shakes the whole town of Adrian.

If there is a craving for a cozy morning where there is an uplifting environment and great food choices, then it may be that Tip Top is the way to go!