SHU Food Pantry: Because Being a College Student Can Get Expensive

Are your cupboards looking a little empty? Is your stomach growling? Here at Siena Heights, all students, either residents or commuters, have access to a wide variety of food options through our very own SHU Food Pantry. The pantry is located in the kitchenette in Ledwidge Hall, and students may go and help themselves to whatever they are in need of, at any time.

There are two sections of cupboards, both labeled, that are in use for the pantry. Within these cupboards, students will find an assortment of non-perishable food items such as canned goods, pasta, granola bars, and much more. All of these items are free, and it aims to fulfill each student’s needs by providing many snacks or meals.

Those interested in donating to the SHU Food Pantry, anyone is welcome to drop off donations to Mickenzee Elliott, the administrative assistant to the Dean for Students. Her office is located in Ledwidge, office number 193.

Elliott said, “We are always accepting donations for the pantry. We are especially welcoming of donations during the holiday season for students who stay on campus.”

Students, do not be afraid to stop at the SHU Food Pantry and grab whatever food you need if you are feeling hungry and your cupboards are looking a little bare.

Those feeling generous and want to help out our Siena Heights community, please feel free to donate any non-perishable items by dropping them off to Elliott. Any donations are greatly appreciated!