Homecoming is Here! Week Full of Events on Campus

Homecoming is a tradition that many schools have where alumni return to cheer on their alma mater and relive their college years. Homecoming, however, is not geared just for alumni: there are events for everyone to partake in and enjoy throughout the week.

From Oct. 10-17,  there will be many things going on throughout campus, from sporting events to shows and activities, as well as a Spirit Week, so everyone can find something that they find fun.

Kicking off the week is Spirit Week dress up days! Monday is Red, White and Blue Day; Tuesday is Tye Dye Tuesday; Wednesday is Pink Day; Thursday is Stay Golden; Friday is Flannel Friday and Saturday is SHU Spirit Wear.

As for events on campus, kickoff is Tuesday, Oct. 12 with Bowling Down Stadium Parking Lot from 6-8 p.m. Students can wear their best tye dye and show off their bowling skills.

Thursday, Oct. 14, is a Build a Husky event in the University Center from 6-8 p.m. This event will run in half hour increments, and students can sign up here.

Thursday, is also opening night for the musical “Rent,” which is being performed in the Performing Arts Center at Siena. The showings are also Friday, Oct. 15, and Saturday, Oct. 16, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for any show can be bought at https://www.sienaheights.edu/academics/theatre-siena/ (Links to an external site.).

Friday kicks off Homecoming Weekend with Cravin Rae’s Food Truck setting up from 1- 3 p.m. The unofficial Spanish club is hosting a penny hockey tournament in the University Center living room. Qualifying rounds start at 6 p.m. followed by a tournament at 8:30. In addition to these events, weather permitting, there will be late night laser tag from 8-10 p.m. on the University Center lawn.

Friday will also kick off alumni activities for Homecoming Weekend, with a registration from 2-5 p.m.at the Erickson Welcome Center. Alumni Awards will be presented in Rueckert Auditorium at 4 p.m. At 6 p.m. there will be a Hall of Fame Dinner in the Fieldhouse (Tickets:  Click here.) or an Art Reception in Studio Angelico, which features SHU faculty art (Tickets: Click here.)

Saturday is the Homecoming football game against Madonna at noon, (Tickets: Click here) with registration occurring at the Erickson Welcome Center from 9 a.m.-noon. Tailgating will take place before the game.

Tasty Spoons and Double T’s Food Truck will be parked in the stadium parking lot for tailgaters. The Siena Heights Ceramics Department will also be setting up their annual tailgate before the game.

Women’s volleyball also plays Madonna on Saturday in the Fieldhouse at 1 p.m., and they are hosting a tailgate reunion starting at 11:30 a.m. behind the Fieldhouse.

Soccer follows football in the stadium at 4 p.m. for women and 7 p.m. for men. Both are playing Madonna.

Mass will be at 4:30 p.m. in St. Dominic Chapel followed by an All-Alumni Dinner in the fieldhouse at 5:30 p.m. (tickets: https://e.givesmart.com/events/mWa/ (Links to an external site.)).

Sunday  winds down the Homecoming activities with a Homecoming golf outing at Wolf Creek Golf Course on Hunt Road (tickets: Click here) at 9:30 a.m.

Mass will be held in the St. Dominic Chapel on Sunday at 7 p.m.

For more information and updates as the week progresses, follow @SHUEngage on Instagram or Facebook or go to the Siena Heights Homecoming Weekend website here.