A Move for the Writer Center

For those who have been looking for the Writing Center, look no more! The Writing Center has been moved to the main floor of the library. For anyone who has never been there, it offers a lot of resources that should definitely be taken advantage of.

The Writing Center offers eight tutors, with majors ranging from accounting, social work, journalism, early childhood education, theatre and many more. The first way to meet with a tutor is to simply walk in and ask if there are any writing tutors available. Appointments may also be made by walking in and scheduling one in the appointment book.

When visiting the Writing Center, students will need to make sure to bring two copies of whatever paper they would like to discuss with their tutor. Just know that the tutors are there to provide helpful feedback and direction, not to make drastic changes and write papers for students. Also, the Writing Center is not there to guarantee students get “As” on their assignments. They are simply there to guide students along and point them in the right direction.

The Writing Center has provided help for many students. One student who has used this resource is sophomore Jessica Sierak.

“The writing center has always been really helpful for me,” she said. “Also, they not only help with papers, but they have Spanish tutors as well. I would definitely suggest that students take ahold of this resource and use it to their advantage.”

Tutors also specialize in helping out with the various formats of papers, such as APA, MLA, and Chicago writing formats. It also has a web site that provides links for additional help to those who are confused with what format they need to be using. Hours for the Writing Center vary each semester, so be sure to check out writingcenter.sienaheights.edu for more information and hour changes.

Make sure to take advantage of this great resource as often as possible!