Getting Down to Business: Entrepreneur Club Forms on Campus

“Business is a popular major at Siena Heights, and an Entrepreneur Club was really needed,” said Stephanie Tylicki, a business major at Siena Heights.

The Entrepreneur Club is a new organization at Siena Heights University. The club takes field trips and has guest speakers to expose students to the entrepreneurial lifestyle.

Junior Gilius Blinstrubas had the idea of starting the club his sophomore year.

“I saw that there was a need for a business club on campus and wanted to start one,” he said.

The Entrepreneurship Club has many goals for its members. The club, “aims to provide an environment for students to network and share ideas.” By sharing ideas, an atmosphere can be created that benefits its members by helping to develop and promote their own ideas.

“Whether in the context of starting their own business or working for a firm with an entrepreneurial culture, the club aims to help students make the most of their time at Siena and to equip them for the challenges they will face after graduation,” said Blinstrubas.

The club is a student-run organization with six board members that facilitates cooperation between entrepreneurs at SHU and the global entrepreneurship community. Generally, the club just aims to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship, he said.

Because of its goal to promote entrepreneurship, anyone is welcome to join the club.

Blinstrubus said, “We accept students of any major into the club because we believe that anyone can become an entrepreneur. And the club believes that we all have something to learn from one another.”

This new club is looking for members. Anyone interested in joining the club, meetings are at 9 p.m. each Monday in the University Center board room. Students can also contact Blinstrubus at [email protected]. The club’s only rule is to “keep it classy” and dress accordingly.