A Haunting at the Heights?

Professor Peggy McCann has seen a lot of things during her time as a sport management professor at Siena Heights University, but nothing compares to what student Travis Zajkowski showed her in the 2014-15 school year.

It has long been rumored that Siena Heights has a haunted side to it, and Professor McCann was about to get her first eerie taste.

“Last year Travis showed me a picture of a ghost that he saw in a tunnel in one of the older buildings,” McCann said. “There’s supposedly a nun that haunts the area, and he actually showed me a picture because he saw it and it looked as real as can be. It freaked me out a little bit because usually when there are places associated with nuns like Siena Heights, these stories and rumors pop up, but I really never believed it.”

When describing the ghost, McCann said, “It was up in the air hanging. It didn’t look staged, Photoshopped, or anything like that. Travis isn’t one to lie about that, either. I heard they usually aren’t supposed to show up in pictures, but it was there.”

According to McCann, the ghost had some light color to it, which contradicts the Casper-like stereotype that ghosts are only white.

Of course, even with the picture provided by Zajkowski, this is not the first time Siena Heights has been recognized as haunted territory. According to hauntedplaces.org, Siena Heights has some spooky history in its dorms as well.

According to the web site, “Siena Heights University is rumored to have a haunted room in one of its dorms. At least, Room 211 is said to have been haunted in the 1970s. A witness reported that doors opened and closed, and glowing eyes came out of nowhere in the middle of a wall. A chair rocked by itself and smashed a mirror.”

The site features a poll asking whether or not people believe in the haunted tale in which 84 percent of voters believed Siena Heights is haunted.

Oddly enough, paranormalmichigan.com also confirms this same story. Its version of the story goes into deeper detail, stating that the eyes featured on the wall were attempted to be covered up with paint and pictures, but the pair of glaring eyes would always rise above.

During Halloween, Siena students can take some comfort (or discomfort) in knowing their campus has been recognized as haunted grounds on numerous occasions.