A Preview of Homecoming Week 2019

It’s a week full of pep rallies, students proudly wearing SHU colors and excitement in the air. It’s almost Homecoming Week. Siena Heights’ Homecoming Week is Oct. 7-11.

There are many different events going on during the week for students. Program Coordinator of Student Life Jaaliyah Arrington offered a preview of what students can expect during that week. She said the theme is “Through the Decades.” Students are encouraged to tweet @shuengage for a retweet. Each day of the week there is a different hashtag.

On the Monday of Homecoming Week, there is a Homecoming t-shirt giveaway in the University Center. A photo booth and music will also be there from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Arrington said.

On the Tuesday, there will be a pep rally outside of Ledwidge hall at 8 p.m. The weather will play a big role if this event will happen, Arrington, said, so stay tuned. At 7:55 the band is playing, the cheerleaders will be there, and SHU President Sister Peg Albert will be giving a speech as well. At 9 p.m., SALT is hosting a lip sync battle at Rueckert Auditorium.

On Wednesday, there is a kid adult party at the Adrian Armory. Buses will be shuttling there and back. There is a DJ dance party there as well. This event runs from 8-11 p.m.

On Thursday, there is a S.O.S Kickback happening in the Ledwidge Ballroom from 7-9 p.m. There will be music, food, games and a virtual reality experience. Also happening on Thursday, student organizations are hosting an opportunity to window paint, decorate offices, and even win $200.

On Friday, the student organization Men of Distinction (M.O.D.) is hosting a car bash from 7-9 p.m., which gives students a chance to bash cars to release stress. During the lunch hour that day, M.O.D. is also letting students spray paint the cars that will be bashed later.

On Saturday, the Saints football team takes on Taylor at 1 p.m. for the big Homecoming game. At halftime of the game, the winners of Homecoming Court will be announced.

These events are what Arrington said are planned at the moment, but more will be added. Students should read the Daily Announcements and check the fliers around campus for more homecoming details to be added.